Ride & Attraction Maintenance
At Dreamworld, guest safety is our number one priority. We adhere to manufacturer’s guidelines, industry best practice and Australian standards to ensure that all of our much-loved rides and attractions are safe and ready for our guests to enjoy. As such, our dedicated and experienced team of engineering conduct daily inspections and testing on all the rides before they are opened to public. In addition, each year our rides undergo a rigorous maintenance program which requires their closure for short periods of time during off peak seasons. During this time manufacturer recommended maintenance, safety and reliability improvements are implemented. With more than 40 rides and attractions on offer, when one ride is closed for maintenance, guests are still ensured of an action-packed and safe day out at Dreamworld.
The following rides and attractions will be closed for scheduled maintenance:
Dreamworld 2013 Maintenance Schedule
- AVPX is now closed - exciting new attraction coming soon!
- Vintage Cars and The Train are closed for maintenance on Weekdays.
- The Bro: Monday 20 May - Sunday 26 May
- Rocky Hollow Log Ride: Monday 20 May - Monday 3 June
- Thunder River Rapids Ride: Monday 3 June - Sunday 16 June
- Dorothy's Rosy Tea Cup Ride: Monday 17 June - Friday 21 June
- Shockwave: Monday 17 June - Friday 21 June
- FlowRider: Monday 15 July - Sunday 28 July
- Tower of Terror: Monday 29 July - Sunday 4 August
- Gingy's Glider: Monday 5 August - Sunday 11 August
- Mick Doohan's Motocoaster: Monday 12 August - Sunday 18 August
- The Giant Drop West: Monday 19 August - Sunday 1 September
- The Giant Drop East: Wednesday 28 August - Sunday 8 September
- Pandamonium: Monday 9 September - Friday 20 September
- Wipeout: Monday 7 October - Sunday 27 October
- Escape from Madagascar: Monday 28 October - Sunday 3 November
- The Claw: Monday 4 November - Sunday 17 November
- Cyclone: Monday 18 November - Sunday 1 December
Please note: Notification of any unscheduled ride closures will appear on the notice board outside the main entry gate. The above dates are subject to change please check again 2 weeks prior to your visit for further updates. Occasionally during the day unplanned stoppages may occur and our team will work to restore operation as soon as possible.